Curious about starting the bankruptcy process, but not sure where to start? You’ve come to the right place. Being in debt can be hard. That’s why we try to make the process as easy as possible so you have one less thing to worry about.
If you’re looking for general information, we have a few great resources for you:
- First, Attorney Patrick J. Best hosts the ARM Lawyers YouTube show “Bankruptcy Basics” in which he answers common questions from clients. This is a great starting point for many people because many of the bankruptcy myths and misconceptions are addressed in these videos.
- Next, Attorney Best offers his book, “The Essential Bankruptcy Survival Guide“, for FREE, just by requesting a copy. As part of the ARM Yourself With Knowledge series, this guide aims to help you navigate the process of filing for bankruptcy and what happens afterward.
- Finally, we’ve created specific articles and videos to assist our clients throughout the bankruptcy process. Those bankruptcy resources are available here.
The bankruptcy process made simple
Whether you know that you’d like to file bankruptcy or are simply looking for information, the easiest and best place to start is to call for your free bankruptcy consultation with our top bankruptcy lawyers. Once you know you’d like to file bankruptcy,the process is simple. We’ve even made a road map for you!
- Call or e-mail us for your free bankruptcy consultation. We’ll determine if bankruptcy is right for you and if so, which chapter would be best. You can learn how to prepare for your for your consultation here.
- Next, we send you your ARM Lawyers Bankruptcy Welcome Packet. This packet has all of the information you’ll need about the bankruptcy process and about working with our office. This packet will also provide you information for Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling.
- During your consultation, we’ll ask you for your preference on the form of our Debtor Questionnaire. We can send you an e-mail link to our online debtor portal, e-mail you a PDF Fillable Questionnaire, or mail you a paper questionnaire. The choice is yours. Whichever method you prefer, you will need to complete the Debtor Questionnaire.
- After we receive your completed Debtor Questionnaire, we will prepare your bankruptcy petition. You will then meet with us either in person or via video conference to review the petition and sign it. We call this the bankruptcy petition signing.
- Once you sign the bankruptcy petition, we file it electronically. That’s it! You’re one step closer to being debt free!
- What happens after we file the petition depends on which chapter we filed. If you filed a Chapter 7, you’ll want to know what happens after I file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy? If you filed a Chapter 13, you’ll want to know what happens after I file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
Get the bankruptcy process started today
Yes, we can start working on your case today. Yes, you read that correctly. Reach out to us and we can get the bankruptcy process started for you today. There are no surprises here. Our process is completely transparent so you know exactly what you’re getting. Our award-winning attorneys can start working on your case today.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
Even though we can start working on your case today, you should never wait until it’s too late. You should start the bankruptcy process as soon as you know you have a problem. We can start to give you advice immediately to get your financial situation under control.
Sometimes, our clients are overwhelmed by debt. This debt can paralyze you and prevent you from moving forward. Don’t let this stop you. That’s what we’re here for. We shoulder the burden so you don’t have to. But that doesn’t mean you should wait. If you’ve been served with a debt collection complaint or a foreclosure complaint, the sooner we can get the work, the easier it will be for us to solve your problems.
Contact ARM Lawyers today
Never hesitate to reach out to our office during any part of the process. We can skillfully guide you through the bankruptcy process, step by step. Call 570-257-4509 for a free bankruptcy consultation today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people for relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.