Injuries to the brain can range in severity. If you have a brain injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, you need the best Pennsylvania brain injury attorney you can find.
Most times a brain injury is a simple concussion that heals itself in a few days, but sometimes a brain injury is so severe that it not only affects your ability to function but can drastically change the quality of your life. Severe brain injuries can affect motor skills, speech and language, memory as well as having effects on emotions and behavior.
Many traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are the result of motor vehicle accidents, but falls and assaults (such as being struck) account for a large number of traumatic brain injuries as well. The financial burden of having a serious brain injury can be enormous, and victims should account for all of their long-term damages when filing a claim against a liable party.
A Pennsylvania brain injury attorney can help you prove your damages and make sure you are getting the compensation you deserve.
Do I need a brain injury attorney?
According to the Center for Disease Control, in 2014, there were approximately 2.87 million TBI-related emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and deaths in the US, including over 837,000 of these health events among children.
Moreover, motor vehicle accidents are the second leading cause of traumatic brain injury hospitalizations according to CDC data. Hospitalizations can be extraordinarily expensive. A Pennsylvania brain injury attorney can help you get compensation for medical expenses and the inconvenience, pain, and suffering caused by the hopsitalization.
What are the possible long-term costs of a serious brain injury?
Even after having been released from the hospital, the costs may not stop. If another party is responsible for your brain injury and you plan to file a claim to recover damages, make sure you consider the following long-term damages in addition to short-term costs and losses:
- Extra Medical Costs – Depending on the severity of the injury, people with brain trauma may need a personal support worker to help them with bathing and dressing or a visiting nurse to check their health regularly. The cost for having a caregiver come in to look after a patient can run around $160-$250 for a full day according to CaregiverList.com. Even if you just need a few hours a day, the cost may run between $15 and $25 per hour.
- Health care aids – The patient may require a hospital bed in his home, which the family must rent or buy, and a wheelchair may be necessary as well. Safety bars on stairs and in washrooms may be necessary if the patient has problems with balance. Doors may need widening if the patient will be in a wheelchair.
- Physical or speech therapy – Physical therapy helps patients regain mobility and speech therapy helps them communicate. These therapies can cost hundreds of dollars per session.
- Psychological therapy – Some patients may suffer emotional distress or mental health problems after a brain injury. A victim can experience PTSD, anxieties, phobias, and depression, among other mental health problems. Private therapy and support groups range up to a few hundred dollars per session.
If you have health insurance, some of these costs may be covered but seldom are all of them covered. Additionally, if you intend to pursue a claim against the the party who caused your brain injury, you may have to repay the health insurance carrier.
Moreover, what happens if you do not have health insurance? Who is going to pay for all these extra expenses? That’s why it’s so important to fully account for all of the effects of the brain injury before accepting any settlement offer from a defendant or insurance company.
Consulting a brain injury attorney prior to signing an offer is not only wise, but practically essential.
Pennsylvania Counties Served
With three offices in Pennsylvania, we are close to you no matter where you are. Typically, our PA brain injury attorney services the following counties:
- Adams County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Berks County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Bradford County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Bucks County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Carbon County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Chester County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Columbia County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Cumberland County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Dauphin County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Delaware County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Franklin County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Juniata County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Lackawanna County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Lancaster County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Lebanon County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Lehigh County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Luzerne County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Lycoming County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Mifflin County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Monroe County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Montgomery County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Montour County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Northampton County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Northumberland County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Perry County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Philadelphia Brain Injury Lawyer
- Pike County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Schuylkill County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Snyder County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Sullivan County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Susquehanna County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Union County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Wayne County Brain Injury Lawyer
- Wyoming County Brain Injury Lawyer
- York County Brain Injury Lawyer
If your county is not listed, call us. While these are the counties we typically serve, our PA brain injury attorney has handled cases in other counties upon request.
Get Help from a Brain Injury Attorney
A traumatic brain injury can be devastating not only for the injured person but for the entire family. It can leave them worried, depressed and financially hurting. If you have a brain injury you suffered in an accident someone else caused, speak with a brain injury attorney.
You do not have to go through this difficult process on your own. Our brain injury attorney will provide you with the strength, confidence and charisma you need to fight for what is right after someone else’s negligence has left you with a serious injury. Our brain injury attorneys at ARM Lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience; we are adept at settling serious accident cases, and know how to pursue maximum compensation for our clients.
With three offices in Pennsylvania, we’re close to you no matter where you are. Call to schedule a free consultation with our PA car accident attorney or reach out to your closest office: