Are you tired of struggling with debt? Whether you want to get rid of your credit card debt and start over or you want to find a way to save your home from foreclosure, there are solutions out there. An experienced bankruptcy lawyer can help you determine if bankruptcy is right for you. Our bankruptcy attorney has the experience you need to give you the comfort you deserve. As your attorneys, it is not our job to judge how you got here. It is our job to help you look toward the future and get you back on the right path with confidence.
Top Bankruptcy Attorney for Customer Service
At ARM Lawyers, our bankruptcy attorneys are dedicated to helping consumers and businesses get the debt relief they deserve. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we do more than just help our clients understand the law. We will provide you with the confidence you need to find solutions, get back on your feet and start planning for a better financial future.
Don’t take our word for it though. We have the awards to back it up. Attorney Patrick J. Best has been named a “Top 10 Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Pennsylvania for Customer Service” by the American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys. He’s also been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star by Philadelphia Magazine. So if you’re looking for one of the best bankruptcy attorneys, you’ve found him. Attorney Best has dedicated much of his career to helping his clients find relief from debt once and for all. His experience and knowledge in this area of law make him a valuable resource when determining whether bankruptcy is the right option for you.
Getting the bankruptcy process started with a bankruptcy attorney
The bankruptcy process can be daunting. To help our clients along the way, we provide a number of free resources to answer your questions and walk you through the process.
First, our bankruptcy attorney, Patrick J. Best hosts the ARM Lawyers YouTube show “Bankruptcy Basics” in which he answers common questions from clients. This is a great starting point for many people because many of the bankruptcy myths and misconceptions are addressed in these videos.
Second, Attorney Best offers his book, “The Essential Bankruptcy Survival Guide“, for FREE, just by requesting a copy. As part of the ARM Yourself With Knowledge series, this guide aims to help you navigate the process of filing for bankruptcy and what happens afterward.
If you would like to discuss your personal situation or if we didn’t answer your specific questions in our show, just give us a call and we’d be happy to discuss your case. Our consultations are completely free so you have nothing to lose. If you’d prefer to e-mail us, just click here for a free bankruptcy consultation. Our bankruptcy attorney will be happy to start working on your case immediately.
How can bankruptcy help?
In today’s economy, a lot of people are finding themselves in difficult financial positions that they never imagined. Whether you have lost a job, gone through a divorce or suffered a serious injury that resulted in medical bills you could not afford, bankruptcy could provide you with immediate relief and a long-term recovery plan.
We help individuals, families, and businesses with the following types of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Also known as debt liquidation, Chapter 7 bankruptcy will allow you to get rid of all of your dischargeable debt within a matter of months, including credit card debt and medical bills. Our bankruptcy attorney will help you determine whether you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: Also known as reorganization, Chapter 11 bankruptcy is the most expansive of the chapters. Both businesses and consumers can file a Chapter 11, but Chapter 11 is the only option for a business that needs bankruptcy relief and wishes to continue operations. In fact, if you are filing on behalf of a business, you need a bankruptcy attorney. By law, a corporation cannot file a bankruptcy without a lawyer.
- Chapter 12 bankruptcy: Chapter 12 bankruptcy is for family farmers and fisherman. It is similar to a Chapter 13 bankruptcy but allows for greater flexibility in payment terms. There are some unique advantages to Chapter 12 for those who qualify.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: By working with your creditors to create a payment plan you can actually afford, Chapter 13 bankruptcy will allow you to retain your most important assets, including your home. At the end of your three- to five-year payment plan, your remaining debt will be discharged. A bankruptcy attorney can customize your plan to suit your particular needs.
The moment you file for bankruptcy, you will receive an automatic stay, which puts an end to all creditor actions against you, including foreclosure, wage garnishments and harassing phone calls.
Which is better? Bankruptcy or debt consolidation?
We get this question so frequently that we covered the topic on Bankruptcy Basics. Many people are scared of bankruptcy because of the myths and misconceptions that seem to circulate. In almost every case, bankruptcy is better than debt consolidation or debt settlement. Don’t believe me? We’ll breakdown bankruptcy vs. debt consolidation and bankruptcy vs. debt settlement for you.
Will bankruptcy ruin my life?
No. Not even remotely. We actually discuss the credit impact of bankruptcy in more depth in our article “what does bankruptcy do to my credit?” Bankruptcy can actually help your credit score!
Many times people avoid bankruptcy because they are concerned about negative credit score impact. If this is holding you back, it shouldn’t. Your credit will almost always suffer more from debt settlement than from bankruptcy. Debt settlement results in more negative items and late payments. Bankruptcy removes those items and leaves only the bankruptcy itself behind. Bankruptcy also offers a far quicker credit rebound.
Not only that, we do more than simply help you eliminate your debt. We will work with you to rebuild your credit score after bankruptcy! All of our clients receive free access to “7 Steps to a 720 Credit Score”. If credit score is a concern, you should strongly consider bankruptcy over other options – be sure to consider that when you’re weighing bankruptcy or debt settlement.
Is bankruptcy right for me?
Everyone’s situation is different. While the Bankruptcy Code is a federal law that is uniform across the United States, there are a number of places in which the bankruptcy laws overlap with state laws. That means that the application of the Bankruptcy Code is not uniform from state to state. Moreover, different bankruptcy courts apply the Bankruptcy Code differently so it is not even necessarily true that the laws will be applied the same within the state. It is important that you speak with a bankruptcy attorney from your state that files cases in your district.
At ARM Lawyers, our bankruptcy attorney handles bankruptcy cases in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York and have offices in each of these states. For more information about the bankruptcy process in your state, feel free to click below:
- Pennsylvania bankruptcy lawyer
- Maryland bankruptcy lawyer
- New Jersey bankruptcy lawyer
- New York bankruptcy lawyer
Contact us for a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney
Take back control of your financial future. Providing both immediate relief and long-term solutions, bankruptcy could be the answer you have been looking for. Our attorneys strive to make this process as easy as possible by offering $0 down and easy payments. Contact our law office today to schedule a free bankruptcy consultation and file bankruptcy for $0 down! Call 570-257-4509 or reach out to your closest office:
- Stroudsburg Pennsylvania bankruptcy lawyer
- Palmerton Pennsylvania bankruptcy lawyer
- Bethlehem Pennsylvania bankruptcy lawyer
- Elkton Maryland bankruptcy lawyer
- Baltimore Maryland bankruptcy lawyer
- Morristown New Jersey bankruptcy lawyer
- Brooklyn New York bankruptcy lawyer
The best part is that we can start the whole process over the phone or by video conference so you don’t even need to come into the office! We make everything as easy as possible for you from start to finish. Call us today. We are a debt relief agency. We help people for relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.