Patrick J. Best (“PJ Best”) is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and the Rochester Institute of Technology. He was born and raised in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. After graduating from law school he served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Carmen D. Minora of the Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas.
Attorney Best has represented disabled individuals across Pennsylvania and surrounding states who were wrongfully denied Social Security Disability benefits and Supplemental Security Income since his time in law school through the University of Pittsburgh Civil Practice Clinic. He is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claims Representatives (NOSSCR) and the National Association of Disability Representatives (NADR). He hosts the YouTube show “Social Security Disability with Patrick J. Best, Esq.“.
Attorney Best is also an experienced bankruptcy attorney. His practice is based upon premier customer service which ultimately has resulted in being named as a “Top 10 Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Pennsylvania for Customer Service” by the American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys. Attorney Best handles bankruptcies for individuals and businesses under Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code and handles student loan adversary proceedings nationwide. He is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the National Association of Consumer Advocates. He hosts the YouTube show “Bankruptcy Basics“.
In addition, Attorney Best is an accomplished tax attorney. He handles tax planning and works with small business owners to save money on their taxes each year. He also handles tax problem resolution and works with both businesses and individuals to resolve any and all problems with the IRS including non-filed returns, tax debt resolution, and audits. He hosts the YouTube show “Tax Talk“.
Since 2015, Attorney Best has served as a Standing Divorce Master in Monroe County Pennsylvania where he has been appointed by the Court to make recommendations in contested divorce and annulment actions.
In 2019, Attorney Best earned a Certificate in Reasonable Attorney Fees from the National Association of Legal Fee Analysis. Attorney Best now serves as a fellow with the National Association of Legal Fee Analysis and serves as an expert in attorney’s fees and legal billing in a variety of cases in both state and federal courts.
At present, Attorney Best serves clients throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Maryland in a wide variety of cases including, but not limited to, Social Security Disability, ERISA, Long Term Disability (LTD), bankruptcy, student loans, tax planning, and tax problem resolution.
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- Maryland, 2013
- New Jersey, 2014
- New York, 2016
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court, District of New Jersey
- Federal District Court, District of Maryland
- Federal District Court, Southern District of New York
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – 2010
- 2012 Super Lawyer Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine
- 2022 Super Lawyer, Philadelphia Magazine
- Top 10 Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Pennsylvania for Customer Service, American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Elite Bankruptcy Lawyer, EliteLawyer.com