Patrick “PJ” Best is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and the Rochester Institute of Technology. He was born and raised in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. After graduating from law school he served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Carmen D. Minora of the Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas.
Attorney Best has represented disabled individuals across Pennsylvania and surrounding states who were wrongfully denied Social Security Disability benefits and Supplemental Security Income. Through his work with the University of Pittsburgh Civil Practice Clinic, Attorney Best began his career representing disabled individuals who could not afford to hire an attorney. His experience representing disabled individuals before Administrative Law Judges across the Commonwealth and several other states is an essential element in obtaining positive results for his clients. He is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claims Representatives (NOSSCR) and the National Association of Disability Representatives (NADR).
In addition, Attorney Best is also an experienced bankruptcy attorney. His practice is based upon premier customer service which ultimately has resulted in being named as a “Top 10 Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Pennsylvania for Customer Service” by the American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys. Attorney Best handles bankruptcies for individuals and businesses under Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Since 2015, Attorney Best has served as a Standing Divorce Master in Monroe County Pennsylvania where he has been appointed by the Court to make recommendations in contested divorce and annulment actions.
In 2019, Attorney Best earned a Certificate in Reasonable Attorney Fees from the National Association of Legal Fee Analysis. Attorney Best now serves as a fellow with the National Association of Legal Fee Analysis and serves as an expert in attorney’s fees and legal billing in a variety of cases in both state and federal courts.
At present, Attorney Best serves clients throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Maryland in a wide variety of cases including, but not limited to, Social Security Disability, ERISA, Long Term Disability (LTD), and bankruptcy.
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- Maryland, 2013
- New Jersey, 2014
- New York, 2016
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court, District of New Jersey
- Federal District Court, District of Maryland
- Federal District Court, Southern District of New York
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – 2010
- 2012 Super Lawyer Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine
- Top 10 Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Pennsylvania for Customer Service, American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys